What is the point? (longest post so far =P)
Sunday, August 12, 2007 0comments

Great service today!! Wow I love Dr A R Bernard man!
He makes me feel smarter ahaha no la no la.. he’s a great teacher that’s why I like him =D

At the closing of today’s service Dr Bernard said: “When you decide to engage culture with the spiritual and moral standards of God, you will face persecutions”
The Bible assures that too.

And yes we have gone and are going through persecutions.. and it’s very real to me because I’ve faced it personally too.

I’m talking about the article on Sun..
I have not seen the article but anyway God spoke to me through this issue.

Some friends have been pretty critical about Sun’s “way” of engaging culture.
Christians, non-Christians have been talking and debating about the should-s and shouldn’t-s, right-s and wrong-s of her methods.


I was led into this conversation with a Christian friend a couple days back. And I thank the Holy Spirit for His guidance. It was a short distance home from the mrt station when we started talking about Sun. So we decided to sit down and continued the conversation which lasted for another hour plus. So to summarise.. during the conversation he threw me some verses that stumbled my viewpoint. I tried not to rush into “preaching the cultural mandate sermon” to him lol because he seems to be pretty good at his theology haha. (and I was literally waiting for the Spirit to help me get my point across in the flow), and while doing so, trying to counter attack lol.

So it went on till the Holy Spirit showed up and interceded. And I said to my friend, “wait wait.. we’re missing the point here…”

You know with all these debates going on sometimes it could get really critical and judgmental which leads to frustrations and at the end of the day, unfruitfulness. At the end of the day we find ourselves just trying to prove to each other how much we know about the theories of the Bible. And we miss out the One who’s the source of it.

When such controversy arises it’s about people picking out the negative things of issues to talk about and it starts usually with something negative.
I wasn’t fully comfortable with Sun’s appearance in her videos but who am I to be part of this debate of right and wrong?

By the presence my friend was convicted. What would he profit if he knows so much more about theology than me but miss out the presence of God?

And for my side: what would I profit if I were to use tactful words and trying to be patient and holy to get my message across and still be debating and missing the presence – the point?


Instead of looking at the negative side of things and talking about them why not be thankful for the good things and talk about them?
Well why should we?
Because when we talk about negative things it doesn’t glorify God at all, he not only cares less about negative things.. He stays away from it. He basically has nothing to do with it.

I don’t even wanna care to ponder if He’s okay about Sun, if He’s there, if He’ll answer my prayers, , all the if-s.

I thank God for Sun because she’s really doing a lot of good works out there and impacting big time in the marketplace. I thank God that she has touched and helped so many people in sharing her testimony. I also thank God for her to be a role model for us. A person of great faith, doing the will of God despite facing challenges. She’s strong man.. and is an example of a very successful person. And I'm starting to appreciate more of her now.

One thing I truly believe is that God wants us to appreciate the things in life which he creates
And how do you appreciate things?
By seeing what’s good and talk about them.

Now I understand why Phil Pringle say whenever he chooses to have faith he feels happy/joyful and that makes him wanna step out more in faith.. because when we talk about the good things as we take up faith we are welcoming the presence and we become positive in our thinking which leads to fruitfulness in the spirit.
Being all negative and complaining doesn’t do us any bit of good at all.. they only produces unfruitfulness (holds you back).

So when you’re are trying so hard to get to the point next time.. ask yourself again and again if you have gotten it already =)
What is the point?

Labels:



NtwoZero proclaimeD: [2:41 AM]


***********


Speak




Photo HIStory
Timbre Night
Carl's Jr Night
Zoo Trip

Video HIStory
GODtv USA
GODtv UK
GODtv World/Europe
Kaiser's
Douglas's
Kelvin's
Evangelyn's

HIStory

July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
June 2009

ZoneSupervisor

Josephine
CGLeader

Gillian

Children

Avis
Charis
Calvin
Chun Shu
Da Hong
Douglas Lin
Douglas Foo
Eddison
Eulynn
Gui Sheng
Jiawen
Jing Jie
Jin Long
Jin Sheng
Joyce
Junyong
Kelly
Kelvin
Kristy
Lexmi
Mandy
Michael
Michelle
Moxi
Penny
Peter
Rickson
Sharon
Sheng Long
Shirlene
Tiffany
Wee Yang
Wen Rui
Xenia

JOL Zone

JOsephine

N405
E315
W350
W312
N349
N383
W253

Stat Counter

Praise & Worship

credits

Design. Jin long
Coding. Junyong
Content. N20
Pray Until Something Happens!
1) post up your prayer request on p-ush.blogspot.com
2) make p-ush.blogspot.com your prayer list

Notice:
Expo Services Hall 8
Saturday at 5.30pm
Sunday at 10am